Are you a photographer?
Trustroots needs fresh photos every now and then. Would be great if you could donate your travel photos to us! Would be good to have them under some license such as Creative Commons SA (recommended), but this is not required. Just add them under “Photo donations” title. Add also info how to contact you.
Photos to use
Submission threads at FB:
I found these photos, they’d be great, but haven’t asked them yet:
(If you’re the photographer — feel free to contact us to give us permission to use your material. We’re a non-profit volunteer project.)
- Vagabundus (blog)
- Matthew R. Thornton
Photos from other sources
- Flickr has quite a lot of Creative Commons media
- Wikipedia Commons has a lot of photos as well.
- Hitchwiki has a press image section as well with related images from the community.
- https://unsplash.com/ - Creative commons zero
- General atmosphere in photos should be dreamy, magical, wanderlust. Communicate tranquillity or crazy in a happy way (e.g. laughing friends).
- Landscapes. Make them 1100px wide. Make them hazy blue-green-yellow’ish. Check toner psd.
- Add photos+credits to boards directive. Actual files go to under core/img/boards/.
- Use them at
<div class="board" tr-boards="['foo', 'bar']"></div>(will randomly pick one) or just one:
<div class="board" tr-boards="'oneimage'"></div>.
- At the blog you can add credits to the caption or at the end of the article. Example:
<small>By <a href="http://example.tld/">Joe Doe</a>, <a href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/">Creative Commons</a></small>
See media repository for logos, screenshots etc.